OnSite: Technical Requirements for staffITpro WEB
Table of contents:
- OnSite: General Terms and Conditions audeoSoft GmbH staffITpro Web OnSite
- OnSite: Products and Licenses
- OnSite: Benefits and Modules
- OnSite: Technical Requirements for staffITpro WEB
- OnSite: stafflTpro WEB Support and Software Maintenance
Responsible for the content: audeoSoft GmbH, Kreuzberger Ring 44a, 65205 Wiesbaden, Germany +49(0)611/580440 hereinafter referred to as audeoSoft.
Revision: June 2014 / Attachment: OnSite.04
1. Technical Requirements
(1) staffITpro WEB is a 3-tier application. Access to the database and documents is established via Internet and it follows the principles of traditional Web applications. The only difference is that staffITpro WEB does not use traditional browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Opera. Instead staffITpro WEB comes with its own web browser. The staffITpro WEB browser can easily and quickly be downloaded from the staffITpro website and installed within minutes.
(2) staffITpro is based on Internet standards. This guarantees safety and reliability when working with staffITpro WEB. staffITpro WEB uses the HTTP protocol on port 80 or HTTPS on port 443 for data transmission. Both protocols are standard protocols that are used by all web browser for surfing the Internet. It is not required to open additional ports. staffITpro WEB additionally provides session management. This prevents staffITpro clients – without an existing identification – to connect to an existing connection.
2. Terminal Server Support
Microsoft Terminal Services is a general service that provides users with storage and applications on the server. staffITpro Web is a web application and the use of staffITpro Web Client on the Terminal Server is not supported.
3. Technical Requirements staffITpro WEB Server Computer
|Technical Requirements of the Database Server running staffITpro WEB and staffITpro 360°|
|Operating System Webserver||Microsoft® Windows Server 2008||Microsoft® Windows Server 2012|
|Database Server11||Microsoft® SQL-Server 2008 R2||Microsoft® SQL Server 2012|
|Microsoft IIS||Microsoft Internet Information Server IIS 7 or higher|
|SSL-Zertifikat22||SSL-Zertifikat for HTTPS: The certificate must be purchased separately. The costs are not included in the staffITpro WEB price.|
|Processor||Server Intel® Dual Core 2,5 GHZ||Intel® Xeon Nehalem or higher|
|Memory||4 GB||8 GB or more|
|Hard drive||500 GB||1 TB or more|
|Internet Connection||High Speed Internet Connection|
1) Note: The SQL Server Edition “Express Edition with Advanced Services” is compatible with staffITpro WEB, can be downloaded from the Microsoft® Website and used as stated in the corresponding SQL Server license agreement. The scope of the Express Edition is smaller, and is subject to restrictions with respect to the maximum database size and the maximum number of users. Accurate information, please refer to the Microsoft ® website for the SQL Server 2008. This also applies to possible changes in the license terms and prices.
2) Note: For the login to staffITpro WEB a security certificate is needed. It serves to identify the user and to prevent abuses with the credentials. If you operate staffITpro WEB on your Server, then you must purchase and install the appropriate certificates. For customers who use staffITpro WEB Hosting, there is no change needed because the certificates are maintained by audeoSoft GmbH.
|The table shows a possible scenario with a mixed number of records in the database. The total amount of memory is approximately 46 GB This is an example. In individual cases, a higher or lower value for the memory requirement can be necessary for the same number of records found.|
4. Technical Requirements staffITpro WEB client computer
|Requirements for the User PC|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows Vista, Microsoft® Windows 7, Microsoft® Windows 8, Microsoft® Windows 10, respectively 32-Bit Version||Microsoft® Windows 10, respectively 64 Bit Version|
|Microsoft® Office||2010, 2013, 2013 Click to Run 32-Bit Version, 2016||2010, 2013, 2013 Click to Run 64-Bit Version, 2016|
|E-Mail Client||Microsoft® Outlook|
|Browser||Microsoft® Internet Explorer 9 / Firefox 17 / Chrome 23||Microsoft® Internet Explorer 9 / Firefox 17 / Chrome 23 or higher|
|Adobe Reader||Current Versio|
|Processor||Intel® or compatible processor 2 GHz||Intel® DualCore Allendale Generation 2,7 GHz or better|
|Memory||2 GB||4 GB or more|
|Hard Drive||250 GB||500 GB or more|
|Screen*||Resolution: 1280 x 1024 Pixel||Resolution: 1600 x 1200 Pixel or more|
|Internet Connection||High Speed Internet Connection|
* Attention: staffITpro WEB supports 96 DPI in connection with the predefined font size of 100 Percent. This is equivalent to a font size of 96 PPI, which is considered the Windows default size. A DPI value that is too high may lead to display errors. In this case you need to choose 96 DPI.
Buyer acknowledges that the operation of a staffITpro WEB Server requires advanced IT knowledge in the Windows Server area. Maintaining a staffITpro WEB Server means to manage a complex software environment of software products offered by different suppliers. These software products must be regularly maintained and updated. Buyer requires an administrator with advanced knowledge of Windows Server, Networks and Databases. Buyer is responsible to maintain and update the staffITpro WEB Server and all its components. This includes:
- Daily Backup of the Server and the Database
- Licensing, Update and Maintenance of MS SQL Server
- Licensing and Update of the Operating System Windows Server
- Licensing, Update and Maintenance of staffITpro WEB Server and all additional modules
- Securing the LAN (Local Area Network) against unauthorized access from individuals outside the company (Internet, Hacker)
- Installation of Anti Virus Software
- The availability of the staffITpro WEB Server via Internet by assigning a fixed IP address for the WEB Server
- Providing a SSL connection in combination with a SSL certificat.
Revision: June 2014