stafflTpro WEB Support and Software Maintenance (OnSite)
Table of contents:
- OnSite: General Terms and Conditions audeoSoft GmbH staffITpro Web OnSite
- OnSite: Products and Licenses
- OnSite: Benefits and Modules
- OnSite: Technical Requirements for staffITpro WEB
- OnSite: stafflTpro WEB Support and Software Maintenance
Responsible for the content: audeoSoft GmbH, Kreuzberger Ring 15, 65205 Wiesbaden, Germany +49(0)611/580440 hereinafter referred to as audeoSoft.
Revision: January 2012 / Attachment: OnSite.05
The purchaser (hereinafter referred to as customer) uses the software stafflTpro WEB for recruitment of specialists for the projects of customer. Thus stafflTpro WEB plays a major role in the recruitment process of customer. This supplemental agreement serves to ensure that the customer receives enhancements in the form of updates to keep its software up to date, so that the programs are on the current state of the operating system agreed to in the contract not only with regard to full functionality but focused on regularly updated additional functionalities optimizing customer’s processes. Furthermore, customer may use audeoSoft’s support hotline to make inquiries about the handling, operation, adjustment and integration of stafflTpro WEB services. In addition, customer will have free access to important resources like tutorials and online tests to facilitate on-the-job training of new employees.
(1) audeoSoft provides support and software maintenance services for stafflTpro WEB exclusively on the basis of these terms and conditions and the price Iist for support and maintenance services. This also applies if the customer uses contrary or deviating terms and conditions, even if these terms have not been expressly rejected by audeoSoft.
(2) The present regulations for support and maintenance services shall also apply to future transactions between the parties for support and maintenance services.
2. Conclusion of contract
(1) All offers are not-binding and without obligation for audeoSoft, unless they are expressly designated as binding or contain specific statements of acceptance. audeoSoft can accept orders or contracts within fourteen days after receipt.
(2) The conclusion of the contract and other agreements becomes binding only after written confirmation by audeoSoft. This also applies to any alteration, addition or specification of these contract terms and associated attachments and descriptions.
(3) Upon customer’s request, audeoSoft shall be obliged for a period of two months after conclusion of the purchase contract to provide to purchaser a contract for support and software maintenance services for stafflTpro WEB in accordance with the present conditions. The start of the maintenance contract and the billing period for this contract will then depend on the date as of which stafflTpro WEB purchase is provided.
(4) In the event that between the acquisition of stafflTpro WEB or the final completion of a former agreement on support and software maintenance and the actual start of the maintenance services a period of more than two months should elapse, the commencement or renewed provision of support and software maintenance requires the execution of updates at extra cost to ensure that the software is up to date.
(5) Otherwise, the parties shall be free to conclude such contracts.
3. Subject of Agreement
(1) Subject of the agreement is the software maintenance and support for stafflTpro WEB purchased by customer from audeoSoft including any additional services and modules. The services included are set out in the order form confirmed by audeoSoft in writing.
4. Scope of Services
audeoSoft agrees to provide the following software maintenance and support services from the start of the contract:
(1) The stafflTpro support hotline is available on every workday Monday to Friday excluding public holidays in Germany, Hesse from 08:30 a.m. to 17:30 p.m. as well as on 24.12 and 31.12 from 08:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (unless those days should be a Saturday or Sunday) within the service areas of Germany, Switzerland and Austria at the phone number +49 (0) 611/580440, by fax at fax +49 (0) 611/5804411 or by e-mail at support@stafflTpro.com . The hotline service refers to:
- Hotline/E-Mail service when installing stafflTpro WEB Client
- Hotline/E-Mail Service for reporting of bug
(2) During the entire term of the maintenance period audeoSoft shall provide updates (e.g. 6.1-> 6.2-> 6.3 … etc.). Updates are updated or additional adjustments within the same version by which problems may be prevented or solved or the safety or performance of the software can be improved.
(3) The installation of server updates is done by customer. audeoSoft will provide the required update routines. In individual cases, customer shall grant audeoSoft controlled access to its servers in order to allow direct adjustment of installation if necessary.
(4) The installation of client updates is automatically performed via the integrated update service.
(5) Actualization of software documentation: All additions and changes to the basic functions of the programs executed out in the context of maintenance must be documented and communicated to customer. The list of changes per update will be published in the internet on the website of audeoSoft. Customer will be able to display this list via a web link in the program..
(6) Not included in the contractual services::
- Consulting beyond the indicated standby times set out in paragraph 3 (1).
- Support by a specialist consultant beyond the service set out in paragraph 3 (1) e.g. on-site service is offered separately and may be requested by the customer when necessary.
- Elimination of malfunctions due to improper operation of the software, manipulation of the program by customer with effect on the program code of the software, due to force majeure, third-party intervention or other effects not caused by audeoSoft.
- Furthermore upgrades are explicitly not part of this service contract. A software upgrade means a new version of the standard software stafflTpro WEB that provides additional functions. These upgrades are characterized by a change of the version number in the product name. Upgrades are significant improvements in the features of the software. In contrast to the update an upgrade includes new functions or major changes. In case of major improvements to the features of the software, audeoSoft reserves the right to determine that the software is an upgrade or a new product. Upgrades and new products are in general to be paid for.
5. Rights of Use for Update
(1) The updates (software and documentation) are protected by copyright. audeoSoft is the owner of the rights and shall remain the owner of the exclusive rights to the updates, unless expressly agreed otherwise..
(2) The updates are provided to customer for an unlimited period of time. Thus a simple, perpetual right of use is granted. Any other use of the program – in particular for commercial purposes – e.g. Application Service Providing, Software as a Service, Leasing or free use by to third parties, as well as the use via download is expressly prohibited.
(3) Customer may copy the updates, if the respective copying is necessary for the use of the software. Necessary reproduction includes in particular the installation of the program on the hardware used, as well as loading it into memory and the running of the program.
(4) D The regulations contained in this section shall bind both parties also with regard to the law of obligations.
6. Service Level Troubleshooting
(1) If customer should report an error to audeoSoft, audeoSoft shall begin within four hours from the receipt of the message to work on troubleshooting with qualified personnel.
(2) The following service levels apply to the troubleshooting
- Blocking messages / crashes: When blocking messages change the essential features of the software and render the work for customer impossible, audeoSoft shall begin within four hours to work on the problem. After remedy audeoSoft shall immediately send an update to customer. Examples for blocking messages are: “The search of candidates does not work”, “The application does not work” or “Contacts cannot be saved”.
- Non-blocking messages: In case of this type of defect the essential features of the software are not affected, and working with it is generally possible. Customer shall receive a new update together with the general update of the software that is made available to all customers. In general, in case of non-blocking messages there is always a workaround. Examples for non- blocking messages are: lt is not possible to scroll through a long list with the mouse wheel, but it is possible to use the mouse.
If defects cannot be eliminated within short time, audeoSoft will inform customer accordingly and – if possible and suitable with regard to the effect of the defect – will provide a workaround.
7. Obligations to Cooperate
(1) Customer has to describe defects as detailed and accurate as possible, so that it can be reconstructed by the hotline. If necessary, audeoSoft may request from customer a written description of the defect together with screen-shots. As an alternative, audeoSoft may provide customer with a version of the program with additional protocol information (debug version), to be used by customer for the reconstruction of defects. Customer will send the log file unchanged to audeoSoft by E-Mail. Customer agrees to actively support audeoSoft in providing all necessary information and to send all information without delay. Defects regardless of any kind have to be communicated to audeoSoft immediately upon discovery describing the defect as precisely as possible. The description of customer should enable audeoSoft to understand the type of the defect with reasonable effort.
(2) If the defect solution should be delayed because of customer’s lack to cooperate (e.g. inaccurate description of the defect, defect is not reproducible) audeoSoft shall not be responsible for the delay.
8. Fees, Payment
(1) The amount of compensation depends on the number of licenses for stafflTpro WEB purchased by customer and can be taken from the price list valid at the date of the order.
(2) audeoSoft may adjust the compensation for the first time after a period of 2 years with effect as of the beginning of a new maintenance year. AudeoSoft shall communicate the adjustment at least 4 weeks before the end of the service year. If the increase of the remuneration should amount to more than 10 %, customer may terminate the contract within 4 weeks after notification of the increase with a period of 3 months to the end of the month. In this case the previous price will be valid until the end of the contract.
(3) In the event that between the acquisition of stafflTpro WEB or the actual completion of a preliminary agreement on support and software maintenance and the start of the current maintenance a period of more than two months should elapse, the first update service (see paragraph § 2 (3) shall be provided at a reduced price of 60 % of the price set out in the valid list price for stafflTpro WEB in the current version and in accordance with the required licenses.
(4) In the event that customer should buy additional stafflTpro WEB licenses during the current contract, an automatic adjustment of the remuneration to the new total number of stafflTpro licenses will take place. The recalculation is always done on the first day of the next month (start of adjustment calculation), following the purchase of additional licenses. The maintenance fees are charged for the additional stafflTpro WEB licenses purchased i.e. pro rata from the beginning of the adjustment calculation to the end of the current contract period (see paragraph § 14). All subsequent contract periods are calculated based on the number of licenses at the respective prolongation period.
9. Warranty for Updates
(1) audeoSoft ensures that the delivered updates will have the contractual features and that the support services are carried out carefully and according to the state of the art.
(2) The period of warranty for material defects each update is 1 year after receipt by customer.
(3) The warranty is void if customer has manipulated the program or the updates or has authorized third parties to manipulate same.
(1) Claims for damages or reimbursement of expenses are subject to this clause regardless of their legal nature.
(2) For damages arising from injury to life, body or health, based on a negligent breach of duty by audeoSoft or an intentional or negligent breach of duty by a legal representative or vicarious agents of audeoSoft, audeoSoft shall be liable without limitation.
(3) Regarding other liability claims audeoSoft is only liable in case of absence of guaranteed qualities as well as for intent and gross negligence of its legal representatives and executives. In case of fault of its agents audeoSoft is only liable for slight negligence pursuant to section (4) of this liability clause.
(4) audeoSoft shall only be liable for slight negligence if an obligation is violated, which for the purpose of the contract is of vital importance (cardinal obligation). In case of breach of cardinal obligations, liability shall be limited to an amount of five times the license fee as well as to such damages that can be foreseen in connection with software leasing contracts.
(5) Due to the variety of data and operating configurations as well as defects in operation, loss of data cannot be excluded. Purchaser has to take care by regular data backups at least once daily that reconstruction of possibly lost data is possible. After a complete server breakdown and a restoration ready for operation the server will correspond to the status of the last backup. Liability for loss of data is limited to the typical cost of restoration that would have occurred in case of regular and risk corresponding creation of backups.
(6) The above regulations shall also apply to the benefit of audeoSoft’s staff.
(7) Liability under the Product Liability Act (§14 ProdHG) shall remain unaffected.
11. Third Party Rights
For a period of 2 years after receipt of an update audeoSoft shall defend purchaser against all claims that result from a culpable violation of a third party right or a copyright if license material was used in accordance to contract and shall compensate purchaser for all cost arising therefrom and shall pay resulting damages, provided purchaser has informed audeoSoft of such claims without delay und all rights of legal action and settlement proceedings are reserved. If such claims are raised or are to be expected audeoSoft may at its cost change or exchange the subject of purchase. This shall also apply to possible claims of third parties against purchaser if purchaser has provided a single license to such third parties.
12. Customer’s Obligation to Examination and Complaint regarding Updates
(1) Customer shall examine the respective update including the documentation within 5 workdays after receipt. Any detected or detectable defects have to be communicated to audeoSoft within another period of 5 workdays in writing – by mail or fax -. Customer has to describe the defects as detailed as possible so that they can be reconstructed by audeoSoft. . If necessary audeoSoft may request from customer a written description of the defects together with screen-shots.
(2) Customer shall be obliged to actively support audeoSoft in the provision of all necessary information and to send all requested information in due time. As an alternative audeoSoft may provide customer with a version of the program with additional protocol information (debug version), to be used by customer for the reconstruction of errors. Customer will send the log file unchanged to audeoSoft by e-mail. Customer agrees to actively support audeoSoft in providing all necessary information and to send all information without delay..
(3) Defects that cannot be detected by the described appropriate examination have to be communicated within 5 workdays after detection subject to the provisions set out in clause 12.1.
(4) In case of a violation of the obligation to complain staffITpro Web is assumed to be accepted with regard to said defect.
13. Limitation of Right to Set-off and Retention
Purchaser may only set off against claims of audeoSoft if he is in possession of a final title; purchaser may only claim retention under this agreement, if its claim is based on claims under this maintenance contract.
14. Contract Periods, Notice Periods
(1) The support and software maintenance agreement is entered initially and binding for a period of 12 months from the start date agreed upon in the order form. Unless otherwise agreed, it shall renew for a further period of 12 months if it is not terminated by one of the parties in writing within a period of three months to the end of the fixed term or any renewal period.
(2) If customer purchases additional stafflTpro WEB licenses during the current contract, this shall have no effect on the term of the maintenance contract. The originally agreed contract interval shall prevail.
(3) The right of both parties to terminate the contract for cause remains unaffected.
(4) Notice must be given in writing. The electronic form is excluded.
15. Confidentiality, Security
(1) Both parties will work with due care to ensure that all persons who are entrusted by them with the processing or completion of this contract, will comply with the legal provisions on data protection and the information obtained from the other party will not be made available to third parties, disclosed or otherwise exploited. Such persons must be committed to data confidentiality as required under the data protection Iaw prior to taking up their duties which must be proven to the other party upon request.
(2) Both parties are obliged to keep secret all information on business secrets received in connection with this contract.
(3) audeoSoft is obliged to protect all information it has received in connection with the performance of the contract against access by unauthorized persons. audeoSoft is obliged to return all information to customer including all copies at the latest after the end of the warranty period.
(4) audeoSoft is obliged to carry out the order so that – where applicable – the relevant accident prevention regulations which are valid for customer, other health and safety regulations and the generally recognized safety and health rules and regulations are observed.
(5) audeoSoft is obliged to carry out the order so that – where applicable – the relevant accident prevention regulations which are valid for customer, other health and safety regulations and the generally recognized safety and health rules and regulations are observed
16. Final provisions
(1) In case of contradiction to contracts already agreed between the parties the provisions of this contract for support and software maintenance shall prevail.
(2) Place of performance is the registered office of audeoSoft.
(3) Changes or additions to this agreement shall only be effective if they have been completed in writing or confirmed mutually. This also applies to the amendment or repeal of this clause. Electronic documents in text form do not meet the requirement of written form.
(4) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany under exclusion of the UN Sales Convention (CISG) shall apply.
(5) If the contractual partner is a merchant, for all disputes which may arise during the performance of this contract, the agreed place of business of audeoSoft shall be exclusive venue.
(6) If a provision of these terms and conditions or the special conditions of the respective services offered are or become invalid, then the validity of the rest of these conditions shall not be affected. The parties shall replace the invalid provision by a corresponding valid provision with the same economic effect and purpose.
Revision: January 2012